STORY UPDATED: check for updates below.
Was a satanic pentagram displayed on the ceiling above the stage of the Democratic presidential debate stage in Westerville, Ohio? No, that's not true: A purported photo showing the pentagram above the Democratic candidates was digitally altered. It was not seen during the CNN telecast or on other images from the debate.
The fake image and false claim originated in a tweet (archived here) posted by InfoWars editor Adan Salaza hours after the October 15, 2019 debate. The message above the photo of the debate stage read:
Didn't see any American flags during #CNN #DemDebate, but i did catch another symbol... 👀
This is what social media users saw:
Salazar was correct that the stage, which was controlled by CNN, was not lined with American flag, but it was quickly pointed out that Salazar's image was faked:
I hate to spoil the conspiracy fun but you all are falling for a photo-shopped picture. Just do a simple Google search. pic.twitter.com/SE4gvSvaOm-- Logical Liberal (@LogicalLIberal5) October 16, 2019
Still, some people fell for the hoax and shared it:
Here is the faked photo:
Here is what the stage really looked like:
One of the Twitter users shown above -- @RealPamelaAnne -- later posted that she discovered the image was faked.
We wrote about twitter.com before, here are our most recent articles that mention the site:
- Fake News: Donald Trump Did NOT Tweet: 'We Need A Civil War To Fight The Deep State Of Dems'
- Fake News: NO Urgent Community Notice, NO Census Security Alert From Department of Home Affairs
- Fake News: Single Men Will NOT Get The Right To Start A Family Under New Definition Of Infertility
- Fake News: No Greenpeace Banner On Vegas Trump Hotel Saying He Betrayed and Murdered The Kurdish People
- Fake News: Woman's Butt Implants Did NOT Explode While Working Out At Gym
: Update 12:20pPT Oct 17, 2019 - Twitter user @RealPamelaAnne admits image is faked.
Want to inform others about the accuracy of this story?
Click this link to copy it to your clipboard
Then click here if you have Facebook or click here if you have Twitter to see who is sharing it (it might even be your friends...) and leave the link in the comments.