STORY UPDATED: check for updates below.
A story published Wednesday, April 13, 2016, saying that Coca-Cola recalled it's Dasani water products from across the United States "after several thousand bottles of their drinking water was found to be contaminated with a parasite" is a hoax. It is not true.
The false report by "News 4" purports that "several hundred people to the hospital and is responsible for parasitic symptoms such as fever, rash, vomiting and stomach bloating." Again, it is false.
The story was accompanied by a photo of a baby eel, which the publisher wanted you to think was the offending parasite. A reverse image revealed the same image was posted on a story about juvenile eels in 2013.
There is NO Dasani recall. Drink up and enjoy without the fear of a tiny eel slithering down your throat. And when you see the hoax posted by a Facebook friend, put our story below it in response.
: The 2016 story has just gone viral again on a new site: worldstory.co. It still isnt't true though.
Want to inform others about the accuracy of this story?
Click this link to copy it to your clipboard
Then click here if you have Facebook or click here if you have Twitter to see who is sharing it (it might even be your friends...) and leave the link in the comments.