Did Planned Parenthood defend Bill Cosby by saying sexual assault is only 3% of what he does? No, that was a bit of satire from a Christian themed humor website mocking Planned Parenthood's own claim that abortions are only about 3% of their services.
The story originated from an article published on April 27, 2018 by The Babylon Bee titled "Planned Parenthood Defends Bill Cosby: 'Sexual Assault Is Only 3% Of What He Does'" (archived here) which opened:
NEW YORK, NY--While almost nobody is willing to defend Bill Cosby any longer after he was convicted of sexual assault Thursday, the former television star and comedian found an ally in abortion provider Planned Parenthood.
President Cecile Richards came forward to claim that since sexual assault is only about 3% of what Bill Cosby performed over his long and illustrious career, the egregious offenses should be overlooked.
But "The Babylon Bee" comes with following dislaimer on every page:
The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire.
Some of their greatest past hits include:
- Joel Osteen Sails Luxury Yacht Through Flooded Houston To Pass Out Copies Of 'Your Best Life Now'
- Steven Furtick Signs 6-Year, $110 Million Contract With Lakewood Church
- Another Actress Accuses Kirk Cameron Of Treating Her With Respect
- ISIS Lays Down Arms After Katy Perry's Impassioned Plea To 'Like, Just Co-Exist'
With a track record like that it is clear that you shouldn't take anything posted on the site seriously and you definitely shouldn't confuse it with real news.
We wrote about babylonbee.com before, here are our most recent articles that mention the site:
- Fake News: Prime Minister Did NOT Issue Reminder To UK Parents That The State Owns Their Children
- Fake News: Zuckerberg Did NOT Lose Contact Lens During Senate Hearing, Revealing NO Horrifying Lizard Eye
- Fake News: Rotten Tomatoes Did NOT Introduce New Negative Scores For Faith-Based Films
- Fake News: Hershey's Did NOT Replace Kisses With More Pure Sidehugs For Christian Market
- Fake News: 2018 Spending Bill Does NOT Include $30 Million For Paying Off Trump Mistresses
Want to inform others about the accuracy of this story?
Click this link to copy it to your clipboard
Then click here if you have Facebook or click here if you have Twitter to see who is sharing it (it might even be your friends...) and leave the link in the comments.